Who say’s babies can’t play too? There is a lot more going on inside your little one than what can be seen…the whole “all they do is eat, sleep and poop” is simply not true! From finger plays, tummy time games and high chair art, this website has great ideas for some good quality play time with your little one; broken down month by month. Enjoy!!
Positive Parenting Tips
Following are some things you, as a parent, can do to help your baby during this time:
- Talk to your baby. She will find your voice calming.
- Answer when your baby makes sounds by repeating the sounds and adding words. This will help him learn to use language.
- Read to your baby. This will help her develop and understand language and sounds.
- Sing to your baby and play music. This will help your baby develop a love for music and will help his brain development.
- Praise your baby and give her lots of loving attention.
- Spend time cuddling and holding your baby. This will help him feel cared for and secure.
- Play with your baby when she’s alert and relaxed. Watch your baby closely for signs of being tired or fussy so that she can take a break from playing.
- Distract your baby with toys and move him to safe areas when he starts moving and touching things that he shouldn’t touch.
- Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. Parenting can be hard work! It is easier to enjoy your new baby and be a positive, loving parent when you are feeling good yourself.
More information on this can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting/infants.html